Tuesday 29 April 2014

The pain we feel



‘Why don’t you just take some paracetamol?’ BECAUSE IT’S NOT A HEADACHE!


Yes I know it’s called cluster headache, but it truly is not a headache in anyway that anyone would understand unless they have lived through one. They used to be called suicide headaches, and believe me the word suicide is far more appropriate that the word headache. I can guarantee that at least half the people reading this have just thought, she’s a bit of a drama queen /hypochondriac, I bet at least a quarter have just thought ‘but it’s just a headache’.


I can’t describe the pain to you. We have tried, time and again to describe it. To our friends, our family, our employers and colleague’s, to our doctors . We try, but you can’t. The best I have come up with is a drill going through my head just above my eye.


http://www.dahealthguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Cluster-headache.jpg An artist’s impression of the pain we experience. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfvWLt3FDXgQ0iNlxxhFcMPyTkoHRHIuv9yS3Mu6UriR8K_7pyRA


I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone... but I do wish people knew what it felt like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment